Join our team!
An experiential learning opportunity by youth, for youth.
Apply to join the Nature of Kindness team through a 5-month internship, spanning January 1 to May 31! Participate in weekly discussions about the fundamentals of running a startup venture in the nonprofit sector, learn more about the intersection of social entrepreneurship and environmental stewardship, and focus on an interest of your choice: Social Media, Marketing and Outreach, or Journalism.
• Create numbers-driven goals for social media traffic and engagement each month
• Create a social media calendar every 3-weeks as a guide for posts
• Submit 2-3 posts/week for Instagram and Facebook, incorporating current social media trends related to the brand
• Create special posts for brand-relevant holidays (i.e. Earth Day)
• Develop new social media accounts (primarily Pinterest) and features (i.e. Instagram reels)
Marketing & Outreach
• Run ads on Facebook and Google with the goal of increasing website traffic, subscribers, and purchases
• Create marketing materials for virtual events, in-person events, and pop-up stands (flyers, promotional videos)
• Research in-person events and pop-up shops at which we can sell our products
• Connect with organizations to form meaningful partnerships that include cross-promotion, co-hosting events and summits, and/or planning joint initiatives
• Contact organizations about them participating in our "Kind Organizations" blog interview series
• Conduct interviews and write articles within 2 weeks to publish on our blog
• Coordinate publishing dates with Social Media intern so articles can be promoted in a timely manner
• Propose and launch new blog series
• Assist with publishing monthly newsletters on the 1st of each month
• Recruit interested, talented journalists
Frequently asked questions
What is Nature of Kindness?
How will nonprofit work and community engagement play a role in the internship?
Though our business structure focuses on raising money for environmental and anti-bullying causes through the sale of kindness packages, mirroring a traditional for-profit business, we are still a nonprofit. Looking forward, we hope to tap into Nature of Kindness's nonprofit roots and develop action-based kindness and sustainability initiatives that will benefit the Cleveland community, free of charge. As an intern with us, you will have the opportunity to not only grow our business operations and increase package sales, but to actively develop programs that engage with and positively effect others and the planet.
Who will I be working with?
The internship program will consist of 3-4 interns (possibly more) from across the Cleveland area, each of whom will work closely with one-another and our two founders, Kaila Morris and Rhea Mahajan. More information can be found about them at natureofkindness.org/founders.
How do I apply?
You can apply by end-of-day 11/26 using our Google Form application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdYQZ1afv_k8TqNzal9V63flhoKlp21Xn5vP6St5_mnnIErVg/viewform?usp=sf_link.
What are the requirements for applying?
All applicants must be high school students (grades 9-12) with an interest in business, entrepreneurship, and/or sustainability. Applicants should go to school in the Cleveland/Northeast Ohio area.